Become a Coach or Volunteer and Make a Difference
The First Tee of Greater Washington, DC relies heavily on volunteer support to make our programs successful. So if you are looking to volunteer with young people in DC, Northern Virginia, or Montgomery County, MD and enjoy the game of golf we are the spot!
We’re Looking for You
We offer volunteer opportunities throughout the year. The volunteer opportunities include working with participants during Life Skills Experience Classes, playing golf with participants, helping create awareness of the program and administrative assistance. All of our opportunities allow volunteers to give back to their local community.
Steps to becoming a Volunteer Coach:
- Fill out initial interest form.
- Complete application.
- Complete Verified Volunteers background check.
- Complete The First Tee 101 online course.
- Attend in-person training.
- Sign-up and show up to your class!
Make an Impact on and Off the Course
We rely on volunteers in the DC area to accomplish our mission and by contributing your time and talent, you can directly make an impact in a young person’s life. We offer a variety of volunteering opportunities.
- Assistant Life Skills Experience Coaches
- Play Day Coordinator
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Volunteer
- Young Professionals Council
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf eLeader: a volunteer program for girls ages 13-17. To learn more visit our eLeader page.
-Cody House, Volunteer Coach
Learn More About Opportunities
Contact Maggie Farrell, email@example.com, to find out how to get involved as a volunteer.