Code of Conduct
First Tee of Greater Washington, DC’s promise is that each participant can experience our program in a fun, safe, respectful, and courteous environment. With these following conditions in place as well as engaging curriculum from First Tee, the most effective learning can occur.
RESPECT FOR MYSELF
- I will dress neatly and wear golf or athletic shoes.
- I will always try my best when I play or practice.
- I will keep a positive attitude and catch myself doing something right regardless of the outcome.
- I will be physically active, eat well, get enough sleep, and take care of myself so I can stay healthy.
- I will be honest at all times, including when I keep score and if I break a rule.
- I will use proper etiquette and maintain my composure even when others may not be watching.
RESPECT FOR OTHERS
- I will follow all instructions and safety rules laid out at the start of each class.
- I will keep up with the pace of play on the golf course.
- I will be friendly, courteous, and helpful.
- I will remain still and quiet while others are playing and have fun without being loud and rowdy.
- I will be a good sport toward others whether I win or lose.
RESPECT FOR MY SURROUNDINGS
- I will keep the golf course and practice areas clean and in as good or better shape than I found them.
- I will clean and take care of my and others’ golf equipment.
- I will be careful not to damage anything that belongs to others.
If the code of conduct is violated disciplinary action will take place.