Become a Coach or Volunteer and Make a Difference
The First Tee of Greater Washington, DC relies heavily on volunteer support to make our programs successful. So if you are looking to volunteer with young people in DC, Northern Virginia, Montgomery County, MD, or Prince George’s County, MD and enjoy the game of golf we are the spot!
We’re Looking for You
We offer volunteer opportunities throughout the year. The volunteer opportunities include working with participants during Life Skills Experience Classes, playing golf with participants, helping create awareness of the program and administrative assistance. All of our opportunities allow volunteers to give back to their local community.
“The secret ingredient of The First Tee is the unwavering commitment to making it fun. For the kids, it’s the noodles, the brightly colored targets, the creative games, and even the social and life skills that make it fun. For me, it’s the kids themselves. From kids who don’t know which end of the club to hold right up to the ones with swings that look ready for a mini-tour. We have a fantastic group.”
– John Diamond, 2019 Raul Colon Volunteer of the Year
Make an Impact on and Off the Course
We rely on volunteers in the DC area to accomplish our mission and by contributing your time and talent, you can directly make an impact in a young person’s life. We offer a variety of volunteering opportunities.
- Assistant Life Skills Experience Coaches
- Play Day Coordinator
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Volunteer
- Young Professionals Council
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf eLeader: a volunteer program for girls ages 13-17. To learn more visit our eLeader page.
Steps to becoming a Volunteer Coach:
- Fill out initial interest form.
- Complete application.
- Complete Verified Volunteers background check ($16).
- Attend in-person training.
- Sign-up and show up to your class!
Learn More About Opportunities
Contact Maggie Farrell, email@example.com, to find out how to get involved as a volunteer.